Fully qualified Approved Driving Instructor with over 18 years experience.
Catering for all levels of ability, from complete beginner to Pass Plus.
These terms and conditions give you important information about your driving lessons with your ADI (Richard Mountain) trading under the name of Richard Mountain Driving School and form the basis of the contract for your driving lessons between you and your ADI.
No other terms apply unless agreed in writing by your ADI.
* The contract for your in car driving training - your lessons, is between you and your ADI who operates his own self
employed training business. You and your ADI are responsible for agreeing all matters relating to the content, timing
or location of individual lessons.
* Your ADI will provide you with driving training at a rate per hour communicated to you from time to time.
Recommended prices per hour are available on http://rm-ds.co.uk/#/prices/4552977773 provided in blocks of 2 hours
although by exception, with the consent of your ADI, 1 hour lessons may be available.
* If your ADI is unavailable for any reason your ADI has the right to rearrange the lesson to an alternative date and
time which is suitable for both the pupil and the ADI.
* Your ADI will hold appropriate motor vehicle insurance for the training car in which you are learning to drive in the
event that you have the misfortune to have an accident as a learner. This covers circumstances when you are
accompanied by either the ADI or a Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency examiner.
* It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the required valid provisional driving licence to drive in the UK whilst
accompanied by another qualified driver. You will be asked by your ADI to show your provisional licence before you
start your first lesson. Your licence number is required to book both your theory and practical tests.
* It is your responsibility to ensure that you are physically and mentally capable of undertaking the lesson at the
scheduled time. Amongst others you should have your glasses / lenses as appropriate and not be under the
influence of any alcohol, prescription drugs or other substances that may impede your senses.
* Should your ADI believe that you are not capable of driving due to the matters referred to above or any other matter,
in which your safety or that of your ADI or other road users may be compromised, then your ADI may refuse to start
or may terminate the lesson at any point. You will not be entitled to a refund of any amount paid for any lesson
cancelled or terminated by your ADI in these circumstances.
Your Bookings and Cancellations
* Cancellations must be made directly between you and your ADI. If you do not give at least 48 hours notice of
cancellation, your ADI will be entitled to charge for the lesson(s) concerned, unless either your ADI is able to find
another learner to take a lesson at that time or the driving lesson can be moved to an alternative day within the
* You must pay your ADI for each lesson in advance or at the start of each lesson. You can obtain a receipt for any
payments made direct to your ADI upon request.
* If you make a payment for lessons you have 7 working days from the date of that payment to cancel those
lessons and receive a full refund. You must cancel by email or telephone. See "Contact Me" for the relevent details. If
you receive your lesson withing the 7 working day period, your right to cancel expires at that time.
* Your ADI is not liable to you for any loss or damage caused where, and to the extent that: there is no breach of a
legal duty owed to you by the relevent person or body; such loss or damage is not reasonably forseeable result of
such a breach; any such loss or damage, or increase in the same, result from any breach or omission by you; any
such loss or damage results from circumstances or matters outside of the reasonable control of the relevent person
or body including without limitation the activities of civil or government authorities, third party industrial disputes or
severe weather conditions and other acts of God.
* Your ADI shall not, in any event, be liable for losses relating to any business interests you may have including,
without limitation, lost profits, loss of opportunity or business or business interuption.
* Nothing in these terms will limit or exclude either your ADI's liability for fraud, death or personal injury resulting from
its negligence or for any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded as a matter of law.
* Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
* Your ADI may make reasonable changes to the products and services and these terms and conditions for commercial,
system, security, legal or other regulatory reasons and will give you reasonable notice of such changes. If such
changes mean the products and services provided are substantially varied to your detriment then you may cancel this
agreement. If any part of these terms and conditions is disallowed or held to be ineffective by any court or any other
competent body, the rest of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
* These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales unless you live in Scotland or Northern
Ireland in which case the relevent law will apply and you can choose to take action in your local courts.
* Any unused hours or payments that require refunding at the request of the client will be paid back directly to the client
within 10 working days. Please note that a signature will be required as proof of reciept - this may delay the
payment if the client is unable to make themselves available at a mutually convienient time.
* All refunds will be returned as either cash/cheque/BACS or Paypal account, depending on how the original payment was made.
* Any qualifying unused hours will be returned to the client at the rate of the lesson price that was originally paid.
* 12 For 10 Offer: If the client has paid for 12 hours at the standard rate and has used 8 hours. Thus has 4 hours
remaining, the value to be returned to the client will be 2 hours only. Clients DO NOT recieve a refunded value for the 2
unused 'FREE' hours. These can only be taken as IN-CAR tuition once the 10 pre-paid hours have been used in full. If a
client requests a refund then the 'FREE' hours will no longer be valid, and cannot be taken as free tuition hours prior to any